Wisconsin YUVA Varg 2015
A YUVA Varg was organized in Wisconsin from October 23rd night to October 25th afternoon. Total 15 Yuvas from Iowa (12), Minnesota (2) and Wisconsin (1) participated in the Varg at Shirak ji’s place in Milwaukee. It included Shakha, charcha, karyashala, outing, sayam vandana, campfire, interaction with karyakarta families, temple visiting etc. Most of the participants were new and they participated in all activities enthusiastically. After Varg, all Yuvas also participated in Vijayadashami Utsav on Sunday afternoon in Wisconsin. Some of the highlights of the Varg are following:
· Most of the participants were new to HSS and such type of Varg, but all of them were following discipline and were involved in all the activities throughout the Varg.
· YUVAs had matru-hasta bhojan both times on Saturday. This was the new concept for many of us. We interacted with around 6 families who brought food for us. Participants asked family karyakartas about their experiences of life and raising kids in US. At the same time, Yuvas shared their experiences of Hindu YUVA in universities. The interaction was inspiring and gave a new perspective to Yuvas.
· Shriram ji gave a presentation on HSS to Yuvas. It was very helpful for Yuvas to connect with seva karya done by HSS for local community. Yuvas were also interested to know more about Ekal and Sewa International.
· Charcha was on ‘How do we want to contribute to rebuild Bharata?’ It was very engaging and all participants shared their passion and views about Bharat. It was inspirational to see a group of Yuvas discussing a variety of pressing issues passionately.
· Charcha was followed by Karyashala where 4 groups of Yuva brainstormed and came up with implementable solutions to strengthen Bharat in various fields. The 4 categories were 1) education 2) village and agricultural policies 3) basic civic sense such as cleanliness 4) developing self-pride and awareness about Bharat’s rich ancient culture.
· Through Jeopardy in Ratri Karyakram, we had lot of fun as well as learnt more about Hindu Dharma.
· The Varg ended with a thought provoking samarop bauddhik by Shriram ji emphasizing on importance of Shakha to acquire necessary skills and drive to achieve whatever we discussed in the Varg.
· Yuvas also participated in Dand Pratyekshik in Vijayadashami Utsav in Wisconsin.